The Way of the Cross Leads to Heaven

The Way of the Cross Leads to Heaven
JOHN 14:6 JESUS CHRIST said: I AM THE WAY

Sunday, March 16, 2008

SECOND ROUND OSTEEN ISSUE

Dear Ptr Manny,

Im not so convence with larry King and the answer of Joel Osteen. Im one of his Listener in his program. He preached more in Grace and not Law. I do Believe that there is now no condemnation those who are in Christ who walk not after the flesh but after yhe spirit.Rom. 8:1. If you are armenian and extreme calvinian you cannot take and accept his preaching. In regard to assurance of salvation in his teaching as i heard is so clear. It is only the Lord Jesus Christ the only way to heaven. We are save by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.Eph.2:8 and not of our good work that no one should boast. Actually im convence that we are eternally secured in Jesus Christ, As i am hearing his preaching i am encouraged energized by the Holy Spirit. Di kaya paninira lang yan ni Larry King? Diko siya kilala. Ptr pls be careful baka magamit kayo ng Kaaway. Sa pakikinig ko sa preaching niya wala akong nakikita pang mali.
Thanks for your info and concern di kasi ako agad naniniwala sa mga negative report specially kung ang tao na tinutukoy ay wonderfully used by God.


This was an email sent to me by a pastor in response to my previous posting here in my blog entitled: JOEL OSTEEN TRUE OR FALSE? The following is my reply which I am posting in this my blog. Like it is written in black & white in my site, you are free to agree or disagree with the writer. It is your prerogative and it is also mine. Have fun and enjoy but NEVER COMPROMISE THE GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Dear Pastor,

Greetings from New York City in the most precious name of our LORD & Saviour Jesus Christ,
whose we are & whom we serve until He comes again!

I do not believe that one who is spiritually discerning won't be able to discern the many flaws,
If I may say so, in the style of any preacher so-called of the Gospel. A couple from Upstate New York
who are members of a Wesleyan Church in Schenectady, NY wrote me the following:

fromNicole Fatato
to"Rev. Emmanuel Salvador" ,

dateSun, Mar 9, 2008 at 9:44 AM
subjectRe: Fwd: [KnowTheTruth] JOEL OSTEEN: TRUE OR FALSE?
mailed-byyahoo.com
signed-byyahoo.com

hide details Mar 9 (7 days ago) Reply

manny,
amen! john and i always thought that guy was a litle too nice and wishy washy. he never talks baout sin or hell in any of his sermons, he does a quick little- "do u want to accept jesus in your heart" senence at the end of each sermon and thats it. i think he just doesnt have any guts and doesnt want to offend his millions of followers. i dont know how he expects poeple to change their lives if they dont even know theyre sinning- becasue he wont tell them that they are sinners. with out repentance and the holy spirit popele do not change. ok- thanks for the letter- nic

Their pastor Pastor Glenn Bozak of the Schenectady Wesleyan Church (I was an Associate Pastor in this american church for five years)
sent also his feedback as follows:

Re: FW: [KnowTheTruth] JOEL OSTEEN: TRUE OR FALSE?‏
From: GBZAK@aol.com
Sent: Sun 3/09/08 9:42 PM
To: emmanuelsalvador@hotmail.com

Nice work Brother,

Glenn

In a message dated 3/9/2008 2:48:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, emmanuelsalvador@hotmail.com writes:

And my own pastor in Jersey City First Wesleyan Church, Rev. Donavan Shoemaker emailed me and said:

Keep up the good work.

I surely am careful NOT TO BE USED BY BY THE DEVIL FOR HE IS NOT MY LORD RATHER
JESUS CHRIST IS MY LORD. On the other hand, I am and will not be ASHAMED OF THE PURE GOSPEL OF MY GOD & SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST. This I have already resolved in my heart more than 3 decades back.

It means that I will never hesitate, but be very straightforward all the time when asked by anyone, much more an unbeliever
a very simple question that can be answered by a simple YES or NO.

I too have listened to Joel Osteen many a times in the past. However, these are the things you will have to consider in analysing and scrutinizing the Larry King episode.

Let me put it step by step AS I GIVE MY ANSWER TO YOUR EMAIL:

1st - The interview with Larry King is LIVE. That MEANS, you are to expect any all questions from said person
and therefore, it CANNOT BE DOCTORED. IT MEANS ALSO THAT, YOU OR ANY PERSON CANNOT SAY THAT
Larry King "doctored" the show and its contents, much less the words that Osteen said. One cannot deny
what has already been said and recorded like his statements;

2nd - OSTEEN WAS GIVEN MANY TIMES IN THE INTERVIEW TO CATEGORICALLY STATE IN UNEQUIVOCAL STATEMENT HIS
BELIEF & STAND ON THIS VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE: JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY.

If you are the one asked, will you go around the bush to give an answer that is so simple, either Yes or No?

3rd - On Larry King Live, the following very disturbing conversation occurred with Larry King and Joel Osteen:

KING: What if you're Jewish or Muslim, you don't accept Christ at all?

OSTEEN: You know, I'm very careful about saying who would and wouldn't go to heaven. I don't know ...

KING: If you believe you have to believe in Christ? They're wrong, aren't they?

OSTEEN: Well, I don't know if I believe they're wrong. I believe here's what the Bible teaches and from the Christian faith this is what I believe. But I just think that only God will judge a person's heart. I spent a lot of time in India with my father. I don't know all about their religion. But I know they love God. And I don't know. I've seen their sincerity. So I don't know. I know for me, and what the Bible teaches, I want to have a relationship with Jesus.

Pastor, please scrutinize these and the rest of the article and say whether you will do & say what Joel Osteen did & said in that TV interview with Larry King. Your answer will only be YES or NO..

NOW, LET ME STATE MY POSITION, I am neither an Armenian nor a Calvinist. I am first & foremost: a Born Again Christian SAVED BY THE GRACE OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; 2nd, My calling from my God & Saviour Jesus Christ is that of an Evangelist and I have been one for the past 30 years; 3rd, I am a STICKLER TO THE BIBLE meaning what the Bible says goes for me regardless of what other believers may say that is inconsistent, contrary and does not agree with the Bible; 4th, I am not a preacher that will leave any DOUBT to anyone who rejects my Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ that they are literally going to Hell by their choice: REJECTING the only hope they have (John 3:16-18, 36).
So many so-called preachers just don't have the boldness and the guts to truly & frankly say what the Bible teaches. Many are in truth and in fact giving people false hope and literally bringing men straight to hell.

We are not only responsible but ACCOUNTABLE TO GOD even the LORD JESUS CHRIST for the souls of people that we try to reach with the Pure Gospel (Galatians 1:6-9 speaks of a perverted gospel). Remember Ezekiel 3 & 33's "The Blood will be required at thy hand".

I endeavor not to be in such a position. Everytime I share, preached the Gospel, my goal is to bring anyone to know beyond a shadow of doubt where they are in the sight of God CONDEMNED or UNCONDEMNED (John 3:18) on the basis of their response/choice.

In defense of the Pure Gospel of my God & Saviour Jesus Christ without apologies, the one who redeemed me, saved me to the uttermost and justified me by His Blood.

Ptr. Manny

P. S. Suggest that you consider the following Scriptures:

Matthew 7:21-23 (King James Version)
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Timothy 4:2-4 (King James Version)
2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3 (King James Version)
1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

No comments: