The Way of the Cross Leads to Heaven

The Way of the Cross Leads to Heaven
JOHN 14:6 JESUS CHRIST said: I AM THE WAY

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MISSIONS TRIP TO SURALLAH, SOUTH COTABATO

Missions Report Part I
A JOURNEY BACK TO THE PLACE OF MY SPIRITUAL BIRTH

For quite sometime since I got back from the US last December, my heart and mind kept going back to the place where I got saved and born again almost 34 years ago. It was on September 1975 in General Santos City (formerly known as Dadiangas) where the LORD touched and transformed me and made me become a new creature (2 Cor. 5:17).

My spiritual birth had to be of all places in South Cotabato. I was then a 22 year old, working as a medical representative for United Laboratories, Inc. assigned to one of its ethical divisions Therapharma, Inc. I was given the territory covering then the whole of South Cotabato based in General Santos City.

My work brought me to all the towns of Polomolok, Tupi, Marbel, Banga, Surallah, Norallah, Isulan, Tacurong, Tantangan including the coastal towns of Glan, Kiamba & Maitum visiting all the medical clinics and hospitals in my territory with about 120 doctors & allied professions. This was from the period January 2, 1973 to April 1977. Our 1st & 2nd daughters were both born in GenSan.

I led a very wayward worldly kind of life up to August 1975. My wife and I were like “cat & dog” most of the time in our early married life. The fact was, she suffered three miscarriage because of emotional stress. My kind of work then “trained” me to be one.

But God Almighty had mercy on me. By His grace, He took the initiative to seek me out, saved and redeemed me by His Blood on September 1975. Since then, for the past 34 years, I have sought to center my life to obey the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-40) and fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) of my God and Saviour the LORD Jesus Christ even as He has called me as an Evangelist (Eph. 4:11).

And so, after more than 3 decades, to be exact 32 years, I journeyed back by faith to the place of my spiritual birth to pursue the call of God upon my life as an Evangelist. I acceded to the invitation of Pastor Ben Pabellon of Christ’s Community Church (SBC), in Surallah, South Cotabato to come and minister to his church and people trusting that the LORD would open other doors of ministry throughout my stay.

The LORD was gracious and faithful to provide for my plane ticket through the Philippijne Airlines Mabuhay Miles of my wife Delia. He moved her also to give without my asking her, the money for the said fare.

The LORD did and the report follows in detail. TO HIM ALONE BE THE GLORY! Isaiah 42:8.

No comments: