The Way of the Cross Leads to Heaven

The Way of the Cross Leads to Heaven
JOHN 14:6 JESUS CHRIST said: I AM THE WAY

Monday, October 29, 2007

“TOMORROW IS PROMISED TO NO ONE”!

This statement was made by Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in the movie “The Rock”.
Connery was playing an ex-British spy named mason, imprisoned for thirty years by the Americans without being charged. His crime: he kept a microfilm containing dangerous secret information (like who really murdered JFK).

Now, what about the statement? “Tomorrow is promised to no one”! This is absolutely true! Man does not control his future. God does!

Remember the song “I Don’t Know About Tomorrow.” Well, it is a good reminder to all of us that we have no control whatsoever about the future. It is beyond us. The future is God’s domain. No finite human being can really know what lies ahead. To say that one can, is presumption, if not outright lie.

But Praise God, we can be assured & be at peace in our hearts and minds (Phil. 4:4-7) that God is Sovereign. He is in full control. We know that the “One who knows, our God and Savior The LORD Jesus Christ” controls, knows the future. Praise His Holy Name!

The words of the song “I Don’t Know About Tomorrow” follows:

I don’t know about tomorrow I just live from day to day.
I don’t borrow from its sunshine for its sky may turn to gray.
I don’t worry o’er the future for I know what Jesus said.
And today I’ll walk beside Him for He knows what is ahead.

Chorus: Many things about tomorrow I don’t seem to understand.
But I know who holds tomorrow & I know who holds my hand.

Every step is getting brighter as the golden stairs I climb.
Every burden’s getting lighter every cloud is silver lined.
There the path is always shining there no tear will deem the eye.
At the ending of the rainbow where the mountains touch the sky. (Repeat chorus).

Child of God, leave your daily cares, doubts, fears, & worries about the future at God’s “Throne of Grace” (Psalm 42:8, 11; Isaiah 41:10; 2Timothy 1:7; Hebrews 4:16).
Don’t carry them unnecessarily. The LORD cares and desires to carry those burdens for you. You need only do what He says (1Peter 5:7). Cast them upon the LORD. When you do, you become “care less”!

Trust Him with your future (Proverbs 3:5-6). God is more than able because He is the Almighty God of the Holy Scriptures (Ephesians 3:20-21). Hallelujah!!!

For the person who is not God’s child, the LORD JESUS gives an invitation in Matthew 11:28-30 to come to Him with your sin(s).

Repent (Mark 1:15) of your sins.
Believe (John 3:16-18) on the LORD Jesus.
And Receive (John 1:12) Him as your Savior & LORD.

When you truly & sincerely call upon the name of the LORD (Romans 10:9-10), He will save you. Yours sins will be forgiven, blot out, washed away by the BLOOD of Jesus (Hebrews 9:22). You become God’s child (John 1:12). You receive the gift of eternal life (John 6:47) and the promise of eternity in heaven with God (John 14:1-3).

This is the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Scriptures Used (KJV):

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Psalms 42:8 Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

No comments: